Our Impact Goal
The Lesher Foundation’s vision for a more vibrant Contra Costa County includes meeting basic safety net needs as a way to strengthen families and improve opportunities for children.
Too many individuals and families in Contra Costa County live without their basic needs met and face multiple barriers to support and success. Housing, nutritious food, transportation, and jobs that pay a living wage are the highest priorities for families who want to be the best parents possible for their young children.
Our Impact goal is that a growing number of families are strengthened by having their basic safety net needs met in housing, food security, and interpersonal safety.
The Lesher Foundation focuses on supporting increased permanent, supportive housing in Contra Costa County, and a prevention approach to homelessness. Examples of our current
Examples of Impact Grants include:
- Bay Area Rescue Mission
- Greater Richmond Interfaith Program
- Shelter Inc.
- Trinity Center Walnut Creek
- Winter Nights
The Lesher Foundation supports food security programs in Contra Costa, with a focus on children and seniors.
- Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
- Loaves & Fishes of Contra Costa
- Meals on Wheels of Contra Costa, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels Diablo Region
- White Pony Express
The Lesher Foundation incorporates findings and plans from the Contra Costa county-wide interpersonal violence prevention plan into its ongoing grantmaking for domestic violence.
- Child Abuse Prevention Council
- Contra Costa Crisis Center
- Contra Costa Family Justice Center
- STAND! For Families Free of Violence
- Ujima Family Recovery Services
Multiple Safety Net Services
In addition, we support organizations that serve a number of safety net needs:
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Bay Area Legal Aid
- East Bay Community Foundation – 2020 Census
- Richmond Community Foundation
Click below to learn more about our other Impact Grant goals for 2020-2024.